Do you know about the Australian Government apprentice / trainee wage stimulus package?
Employers can register for the pay-back from
TODAY April 2, 2020
(back-paid from January 1, 2020) and are able to
claim up to $7000 a quarter for apprentices and trainees
in 2019/20 and 2020/2021 financial years.
The wages will be paid up to September 30 this year but the government has stated they will re-assess in September whether this needs extending.
As an employer you can register for the wage assistance package that includes;
- Wage subsidy of 50% of an apprentice’s or trainee’s wage
- Employers reimbursed up to $21,000 per apprentice or trainee
- 3 monthly instalments – up to $7,000 per quarter
- 50% of actual wages paid between 1 January 2020 and 30 September 2020
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Small businesses (including GTO host employers) employing 20 or less, full time employees
- Apprentice or trainee was in training as at 1 March 2020
- Any occupation, any industry, any qualification, any AQF level, full-time, part-time and school-based
- Employer must provide evidence of paid wages
- Employers of any size (including GTOs) that re-engage an eligible out-of-trade apprentice or trainee are also eligible for the subsidy
For more information on the Eligibility Criteria, please click the link below.
Make your application
via an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network provider.
To find your provider, please click the link below.
Source: Axial Training International College