South East Queensland Flood Relief
Have you, your family, or your business been affected by the recent floods? Here are some relief packages available if you have been impacted:
Small Business Support
Financial Assistance packages have been released for eligible businesses, as part of a joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA). The financial assistance is administered by the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA), and includes:
- Extraordinary disaster assistance recovery grants of up to $50,000
- Disaster assistance (essential working capital) loans of up to $100,000
- Disaster assistance loans of up to $250,000
The grants are available to small business in the following local government areas:
|Logan City||Moreton Bay|
|Noosa Shire||North Burnett|
|Redland City||Scenic Rim|
|Southern Downs||Sunshine Coast|
Disaster Recovery Allowance
You and your employees may be eligible for a short-term payment if your income has been affected by a disaster. Visit the Department of Human Services for disaster recovery allowance eligibility criteria
Recovery and rebuilding
The Queensland Government ‘Business Queensland’ website has further resources available to assist business recover and rebuild after a natural disaster, such as:
- What your business should do after a natural disaster
- How to rebuild your business after a national disaster
- A small business disaster hub, to find sector-specific recovery information
- Information about BizRebuild – the Business Council of Australia’s disaster recovery program.
Primary Producer Support
If you are a primary producer, and you have experienced flood damage to your farm, you may be eligible for financial assistance under the joint Commonwealth- State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
The financial assistance includes freight subsidies and concessional loans, plus recovery grants of up to $75,000 to help with clean up and repairs. For details on whether you are eligible, please contact the department on 13 25 23, or QRIDA on 1800 623 946.
For further information please refer to the Business Queensland website for:
- Information about disaster recovery for rural businesses
- Advice for flood-affected livestock farms, including managing cattle and animal welfare.