Disaster Relief – NSW Residents

Business Support

NSW Government have released a range of support packages to assist individuals and business who have been negatively impacted by the recent natural disaster.  They include concessional loans and other assistance for:

  • Primary Producers: concessional loans up to $130,000; transport subsidies up to $15,000
  • Small Business: concessional loans up to $130,000.
  • Not for Profit: concessional loans up to $25,000
  • Sporting Clubs: concessional loans up to $10,000; grants of up to $2,000
  • Direct Damage – Grants up to $50,000

The NSW government is offering grants up to $50,000 for businesses impacted by the storms and floods in February and March 2022.

The available funding includes:

  • Funds of up to $15,000 based on quotes, which you will need to submit when you apply. Evidence of payment not required.
  • If seeking funds between $15,000 and $50,000, you will need to supply valid tax invoices and evidence of payment of the costs, at the time of the application.


To be eligible for the business support you must be a small business owner or not-for-profit organisation in a defined disaster area, and you must:

  • Have suffered direct damage
  • Be primarily responsible for meeting the costs you are claiming
  • Intend to re-establish your small business or not-for-profit organisation within the same area
  • Held an ABN (small business) or be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) or equivalent body – and held these registrations at the time of the flood disaster.

If you are entitled to make a claim for the expenses under an insurance policy then the grant, or you have successfully received funding or assistance from another government source, program, or donation, then the business support grant is not available to you.

Sole Traders: If you are a sole trader with no employees and fulfil the above criteria you are eligible to apply if you can show that you derive a majority of your income from the small business.

To apply please go to your MyService NSW Account.

Affected Local Governments

The following LGAs have been declared as disaster areas and are eligible for support through Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.

  • Armidale
  • Ballina
  • Bellingen
  • Byron
  • Clarence Valley
  • Coffs Harbour
  • Glen Innes Severn
  • Hornsby
  • Kempsey
  • Kyogle
  • Lismore
  • Nambucca
  • Port Macquarie / Hastings
  • Richmond
  • Tenterfield
  • The Hills
  • Tweed


Service NSW are offering a range of supports for individuals impacted by the floods in NSW, such as:

  • A Disaster Relief Grant – to assist low-income earners faced with disaster hardship who have suffered damage to the structure or contents of their home
  • Personal and financial counselling
  • Assistance finding temporary housing for those who have been forced from their homes

Disaster Relief Grant

You may be eligible for financial assistance through the Disaster Relief Grant if your home or essential household contents were damaged or destroyed as a result of the recent floods.  This financial assistance package is designed to help people recover from the effects of a disaster and re-establish a basic standard of living.


You may be eligible for financial support if the following apply:

  • Your home or primary place of residence was damaged by a natural disaster
  • You do not have insurance for the damage
  • You are a low income earner with limited financial resources
  • It has been less than 4 months since the disaster

These grants may not be available if lack of maintenance caused or impacted the damage; or if the damage is merely cosmetic.

To apply for the Disaster Relief Grant, please call 13 77 88, and they will send you an application form and fact sheet.

Services Australia

Services Australia have support for people affected by the floods. If you have been impacted, you may be eligible to apply for:

  • Lump sum payments
  • Short term allowances
  • Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship

If you are in need of urgent financial support, get in touch with Services Australia to see how they can assist you.