If you have employees who were stood down under the Fair Work Act 2009 without pay, they may be eligible employees if they:
- Were in your employment at 1 March 2020, and
- Meet the eligibility criteria on 1 March 2020
To receive the JobKeeper payment for these employees, you will need to have paid them at least the minimum amount of $1,500 for each fortnight you claim for.
If you terminated an otherwise eligible employee after 1 March 2020, you can re-engage them to claim the JobKeeper payment. You will need to:
- confirm they want to be re-hired and participate in the JobKeeper scheme with you
- re-engage the employees you want to claim for
- ask them to complete the JobKeeper employee nomination notice and return it to you.
- start paying them a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) for each fortnight they are employed and you claim for.
You will only be paid a JobKeeper payment for employees from the fortnight they were re-engaged. You cannot claim retrospectively for employees you re-engage. We are yet to have clarification on whether an employee re-engaged in April can qualify for the full month of April if you pay them the minimum of $3,000 before the end of April.