State Govt Business Basics Grant – small $5k grant but might come in handy for the new franchise business.
The QLD Government will open the above grant applications on Tuesday 17th May 2022.
If you qualify and wish to apply, you will only have a short period to apply as the allocation of funds will be used up very quickly. Sometimes the grant will close by midday the same day – especially for the website build/upgrades.
Applicants can apply for funding for grant funded activities in one of five priorities:
- Training and coaching – Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning. Training/Coaching of up to 4 months in duration
- Website build/upgrades – Website build or upgrade (including website refresh). Adding ecommerce. Developing new website content.
- Professional business advice – Business plans
- Strategic marketing services – Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice.
- Business continuity and succession – Business continuity or succession plans. Cyber safety training and tools
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) manage the grants.
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must:
- Have fewer than 20 employees
- Be operating and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be registered for GST (you can always register before you apply for the grant)
- Have a Queensland headquarters and operating address
- Have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- Not have been approved for funding under an earlier round of Business Basics
- Have owners/directors that are not discharged bankrupts – and be solvent
The Guidelines can be viewed by clicking on the link below for more info.
Contact us for more information on 07 3286 1322.