COVID-19 Disaster Payments – NSW
The Federal Government have approved an income support scheme for people affected by the latest lockdowns, which provides:
- $750 per week, tax free, to workers who lose 20 or more hours of work a week
- $450 per week, tax free, to workers who lose between 8 and 20 hours a week
- $200 per week, tax free, to those who currently receive an income support payment, and have lost more than 8 hours of work.
This support will be available to employees who have lost income due to lockdown and are in the hotspots declared by Australian Government.
Current hotspot declarations as at 2 August 2021 are:
Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Shellharbour and Wollongong.
NSW residents affected can apply now through their MyGov account.
If you are an eligible working visa holder, you will need to call the emergency information line from Monday, to claim.
NSW COVID-19 Business Support
Business Support Grants
Businesses, sole traders, or not-for-profit organisations in NSW may be eligible for one-off grants of between $7,500 and $15,000 if they have experienced reduced demand – or had to close – due to public health orders for the first three weeks of the Greater Sydney lockdown, which started on 26 June.
Eligible applicants across NSW are able to use the grant for business costs, including:
- Wages, rent, utilities,
- Financial, legal, or other advice, to support business continuity
- Marketing and communications
- Cover the cost of perishable goods that were no longer able to be used
- Other activities to support the operation of the business.
For eligibility, click here.
The grant amounts depend on the decline in turnover experienced over a 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019.
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more
Applications for this grant will close at 11:59pm on 13 September 2021.
To apply for these grants, or for more details, please click here.
NSW are providing fortnightly payments to help maintain employee headcount (as at 13 July) and provide cashflow support to business.
Eligible businesses with employees will receive fortnightly payments to cover costs incurred from Week 4 of the Greater Sydney lockdown (ie from 18 July 2021 onwards). The payment will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- Minimum payment – $1,500 per week
- Maximum payment – $10,000 per week.
Weekly payroll will generally be determined by referring to the most rent.
Non-Employing Business (eg Sole Traders)
If you are a non-employing business, such as a sole trader, you may be eligible to receive a payment of $1,000 per week.
For eligibility and other details (such as how to apply and evidence required to support eligibility), please click here.
Entities that earn passive income – rent, interest, dividends; banks, government agencies, are not eligible for JobSaver.
To apply click here.