- you are an eligible employer with eligible employees,
- have enrolled to receive JobKeeper payments (after 20 April, and before 30 April), and
- have paid each eligible employee a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) per JobKeeper fortnight
then you can apply – after 4 May 2020 – to claim the JobKeeper payment.
You do this through your ATO Business Portal – or engage us to do it for you.
When applying through your Business Portal, you will need to:
- Identify your eligible employees in the application by:
- Selecting employee details that are prefilled from your STP pay reports, or
- Manually enter employee details in ATO online services or the Business Portal, if you don’t use a STP enabled payroll solution, or
- Engage HFB to submit a report on your behalf
- Submit confirmation of your eligible employees online and wait for your confirmation email (or SMS) showing it has been received
- Notify your eligible employees you have nominated them
- Ensure each eligible employee has complete and returned the nomination notice to you by 30 April
- To continue to receive monthly JobKeeper payments, each month (through ATO online services or Business Portal) you must reconfirm that your reported eligible employees have not changed. You do not need to retest your reported fall in turnover, but you will need to provide information as to your current and projected turnover.
- If one of your eligible employees leaves your employment, you will need to notify the ATO through your monthly JobKeeper report.