http://www.howefordboxer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/missed2s.jpg 600 600 HFB Group http://www.howefordboxer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Howe-Ford-Boxer-Logo.jpg HFB Group2017-07-04 04:58:292017-07-04 05:06:301 July Changes - What have I missed?
The changes for 1 July have been many, this can leave you questioning – Did I miss anything???
Here’s the changes in a nutshell for you (some are still to be passed as legislation):
Business owners & individuals
- GST now applies to digital products & services imported by consumers.
- Small business $20k instant asset write-off extended until 30 June 2018.
- Company tax rate reduction to 27.5% for entities with an aggregated turnover of less than $25m (companies with a turnover of less than $10m have been subject to this tax rate since 1 July 2016).
- Major Bank Levy introduced.
- 2% temporary debt tax removed from high income earners.
- Plant & equipment deductions limited for residential property investors.
- Residential property investors no longer able to claim travel expenses.
- First home saver superannuation scheme begins.
- Cap on concessional contributions (before tax) reduces to $25,000 for everyone.
- Cap on non-concessional contributions (after tax) reduces to $100,000.
- $1.6 million transfer balance cap limits how much money a member can transfer into or hold in a tax-free pension account. Excess amounts are subject to a transfer balance tax.
- Threshold to access the tax offset for contributions to a spouse increased to $37,000 (partial offset available up to $40,000).
- Threshold for low income super tax offset increased to $37,000.
- The threshold at which high-income earners pay Division 293 tax on their concessionally taxed superannuation contributions reduced to $250,000 (from $300,000).